Saturday, September 1, 2012

On Today's Plate: Double Whammy!!

Day 1: Mission Accomplished

Part 1: The Workout Bit:

Today was my BJJ day. Usually on Saturdays I wake up early, and, if I'm not scheduled to work that day, I attend my jiu jitsu practice. So, from approximately 9:00am til 1:00pm, I'm warming up, doing some cardio, some techniques, some grappling, etc. By the end of practice we're all scattered around the mats looking like sweaty squashed bugs. lol. Normally after BJJ, I just go home, and nap for a while. Today was a little different.

Last night one of my friends had the brilliant idea to go to the gym today. I was a little hesitant to say yes, since BJJ is exhausting. I agreed to it anyway, a little more cardio never hurt anybody, right? A little side note before I continue with my story. I was talking to my friend, and he tells me that he can lose weight faster than me. heh...I can get a little bit, what's the word, competitive at times. As soon a he said that I took it as a challenge. Now I have to prove to him how wrong he is/was/and will be. But yeah, a little more cardio never hurt anybody, right? Last night all I could think of was how tired I was gonna be after bjj and how I was just gonna slack off at the gym later. Since I remembered how I wanted to beat him at this competition (that only exists in my head, and he has no idea that's going on, lol), I made a little routine for today.

I started of by running internals for 20 minutes. Started out with 2 minutes of a brisk walk, then ran at 5mph for 3 minutes, and then ran at 6.5 mph for a minute. And you get the gist of it. And then...oh just look at the pic :P

I was tired, drenched in sweat, but I felt revitalized and glad to be back in the gym.

Part 2: Food Bit:

Breakfast: oatmeal
Snack: organic peanut butter on organic whole wheat crackers, and sliced bananas
Lunch: chicken and corn on the cob (no butter) -- kind of a late lunch too
Snack: plum
Dinner: _____

It's too late for me to make myself dinner (it's 11:15pm). The gym kind of interrupted my 6 meals a day thing. boo :P

---------------

I think that's all for today. Tomorrow...CARDIO!

No comments:

Post a Comment