Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Welcome, Vilkommen, Yokosou, Bienvenidos!

Hello, and welcome to On Today's Plate; a blog dedicated to two of my favorite things (amongst, art, design, and photography): food and exercise. I love to cook! And I love being able to create savory healthy meals. I also love to exercise.

I've been exercising for as long as I remember...kind of. When I was 7, I picked up my first tennis racket and played until I was 14. At 12, I started to play basketball, at 15 softball and volleyball (I wasn't good at volleyball, but it kept me in shape!!), all up to when I was 18. That's when everything changed.

When I went to college, I was expecting I could try out for an intramural team, which didn't go as planned. Since I wasn't in any team, I didn't see the need to go to the gym as often as I used to. I ate a lot (those tricky all-you-can-eat college dining commons), became lazy, and a huge couch potato. Gross. During my years at college, my weight shot up to a bit over 220 lbs.

When I realized how much I had gained, I desperately tried different diet plans and fads. I joined Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, Natural Slim, etc. I tried Slim Fast, South Beach, etc. Nothing worked. In a desperate attempt to lose weight, I joined a boxing and MMA gym, and it changed my life. I slimmed down to 170 lbs, I started to gain back some muscles again, and my confidence.

In 2010 I kind of fell off the wagon, and gained a little bit of weight. Thankfully, I didn't gain ALL of it back. I had a stressful job, which left me exhausted at the end of the day and too tired to make an effort to go to the gym. I also stopped eating healthy. I ate fast food for lunch, pigged out on chips for dinner...not a good combination. But you know what, it's a new year, time to get back in track!

Join me on my journey to get fit again! Hopefully I'll inspire a few to do the same!

p.s: Before starting any diet or exercise regime, please consult a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment