Tuesday, September 6, 2011

On Today's Plate: Upper Body and Core

I totally killed my upper body routine today!! Too bad my shoulder is still sore from my injury. I mean, I've been on a fast track of recovery, but there are still some things I can't fully perform how I used to. For example, I used to be able to bench press with 25lb plates on each side. I had to drop it to 12lb on each side. Everything that I do with the barbell I've had to drop about 10 - 20 lbs off it because of my shoulder.

Here's a glimpse at tonight's routine:
• warm-up: stationary bike
• bent-over barbell row x 3
• lat. pulldown x 3
• inclined dumbbell bench press x 3
• standing overhead dumbbell press x 3
• lat. raise x 3
• alternating dumbbell curls x 3
• one-arm overhead dumbbell extensions x 3

On top of all that, I did my mandatory rotator cuff exercises.

I love the burn I feel when I work on my upper body. I just feel everything shaping up. Overall, I love the burn anytime I work out. I hate it when it lasts more than 2 days, though...lol. Happened last week, when I did my lower body routine O.o

No comments:

Post a Comment